Old 02-11-2012, 06:57 AM
justflyingin

Default I'm seriously considering an embroidery machine....is a Janome 350E a good one?

I've always loved embroidery and never considered seriously that I could get one. Now, I've seen it here for within my budget for such a machine.

Is it really easy to use? I have a spot for a second machine so it could be working while I work using my Janome 7700 on other sewing/quilting. Is the thread expensive? Is it picky about the thread. I've seen embroidery thread on ebay for "not too expensive." Can you use any thread or do you have to buy a special kind? I had heard that the embroidery thread was quite expensive.

Is it hard to learn to use by adding other things like fonts or pictures/designs? I guess I'd always figured I'd never be able to afford such a nice machine--and I've always loved embroidery--always I admire everyone's embroidered purses, blouses, etc.

And one last question, would the Janome 350E be considered an entry level machine? If so, why? Do you tend to "outgrow" your machines and want what? A larger embroidery surface?

I'm eager for any specific comments.