Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm seriously considering an embroidery machine....is a Janome 350E a good one? >

I'm seriously considering an embroidery machine....is a Janome 350E a good one?

I'm seriously considering an embroidery machine....is a Janome 350E a good one?

Old 04-08-2012, 10:34 AM

Buy the best you can afford, I have heard that the Janome is a great machine. A little advice try out some machines at a dealer, when you buy one, buy from a dealer and take some lesson, or you will never use it. I have at least 3 friends that have purchased embroidery machines and have NEVER used that part, they are afraid of it.

I have a high end machine and I use it a lot, I am glad that I purchased the one i did, have had it a little over a year. Have had no real problem with the machine, only with the thread. Some threads work better than others.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by nangars View Post
Buy the best you can afford, I have heard that the Janome is a great machine. A little advice try out some machines at a dealer, when you buy one, buy from a dealer and take some lesson, or you will never use it. I have at least 3 friends that have purchased embroidery machines and have NEVER used that part, they are afraid of it.

I have a high end machine and I use it a lot, I am glad that I purchased the one i did, have had it a little over a year. Have had no real problem with the machine, only with the thread. Some threads work better than others.

I bought the one I was thinking about and used it almost nonstop the first 2 weeks I got it (before we left for the USA) after I got thread. I ordered thread from the place the lady who sold it to me recommended. I thought I was way ahead by buying used and getting her to recommend to me the type of thread my machine liked, as well as the best places on line to buy.

I was able to buy it used for under $700. New would have cost twice as much. There are no Janome dealers close by my home in Poland---and since I have a family, going for training was out of the question. Anyway, thanks for the advice, but I am very, very pleased with my purchase. The Janome 350E is very, very easy to use. Very. It is a wonderful machine. I have had soo much enjoyment out of it already. It is a dedicated embroidery machine and I'm glad I got one like that and not one that sews and embroiders. This way, I can have my embroidery machine going and sew with my Janome Horizon right next to it.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:25 PM

I have brother sewing and embroidery machines. I have them sitting side by side and love to be sewing on something with one while the other one is embroidering something........makes me feel like I am wonder woman getting it done twice as fast.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tcharlie View Post
I have brother sewing and embroidery machines. I have them sitting side by side and love to be sewing on something with one while the other one is embroidering something........makes me feel like I am wonder woman getting it done twice as fast.
I know exactly how you feel!
Old 04-09-2012, 04:04 AM

Is there a decent embroidery machine thats in the $400-500 range for a beginner?? I want the ability to embroider but don't want anything too fancy!

Thanks for any info you have.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:46 PM

Hello I am new to embroidery from Australia and just bought a secondhand Janome 350e. Thanks so much for this thread it has been really informative, I have been looking at embroidery thread and have found some from a factory in China but am reluctant to buy them in case my machine doesnt like it. It is suppose to be a brother thread and is about $1.80 per 1,000m spool delivered. There is also another brand that is 4000m for $3.66 delivered. Am I ever going to use that much thread? That seems quite cheap to me but because I have to buy 50+ spools it gets expensive if it doesnt work. I wasnt sure if I could post links here but I can if anyone wanted to check it out for me. Thanks, Trish