Old 04-08-2012, 12:58 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by nangars View Post
Buy the best you can afford, I have heard that the Janome is a great machine. A little advice try out some machines at a dealer, when you buy one, buy from a dealer and take some lesson, or you will never use it. I have at least 3 friends that have purchased embroidery machines and have NEVER used that part, they are afraid of it.

I have a high end machine and I use it a lot, I am glad that I purchased the one i did, have had it a little over a year. Have had no real problem with the machine, only with the thread. Some threads work better than others.

I bought the one I was thinking about and used it almost nonstop the first 2 weeks I got it (before we left for the USA) after I got thread. I ordered thread from the place the lady who sold it to me recommended. I thought I was way ahead by buying used and getting her to recommend to me the type of thread my machine liked, as well as the best places on line to buy.

I was able to buy it used for under $700. New would have cost twice as much. There are no Janome dealers close by my home in Poland---and since I have a family, going for training was out of the question. Anyway, thanks for the advice, but I am very, very pleased with my purchase. The Janome 350E is very, very easy to use. Very. It is a wonderful machine. I have had soo much enjoyment out of it already. It is a dedicated embroidery machine and I'm glad I got one like that and not one that sews and embroiders. This way, I can have my embroidery machine going and sew with my Janome Horizon right next to it.