Old 02-11-2012, 10:17 AM
jrrotunno

Default Wheeler and Wilson Model 9

[ATTACH=CONFIG]310849[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310850[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310851[/ATTACH]
Wheeler and Wilson Model 9 my daughter happened across Thursday and gave to me! She is in wonderful shape, Serial #904, last patent date Aug 27, 1878. Just need to clean her up a little, add a belt, and learn to treadle! Everything works smoothly and she does have one bobbin. The cylinder in the accessories picture has 22 needles in it! Whooee. It looks like the cylinder and the manual were in a drawer that may have had the oil can it spilled on them. I am hoping that with a magnifying glass or good camera I can read the address on the cylinder. It was shipped from Chicago, the stamp and return address are easy to see, but I would love to know where it went. I believe that will tell me where she came from. I am going to the second hand store where she was purchased today to see if they know anything about her. Hoping I can learn more. I think her name is Imogene but waiting to see if I learn any more of her history before I am certain. I have spent the last two evenings researching all and I can find on these machines, and all the Wheeler & Wilson 9 pictures that I have found in my research are different, until I found BoJangles picture of the one she has from Portugal. Mine is the twin! I am so excited I can hardly think. And I should be quilting, lol. Any and all information, tips, etc would be most appreciated.
Janyce
Attached Thumbnails img_0460.jpg   img_0462.jpg   img_0480.jpg