View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 11:59 AM
bakermom

Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
I raised 3 children, worked 5 days a week, keept a clean house, laundry done twice a week, weekend activities for children (horse shows, fishing, camping, 4-H, Scouts) DH worked nights. When I wanted to sew my 3 were right there with me, toys on floor,cutting area (when I wasn't cutting) painting, coloring, or if they wanted, sewing, never took them to a sitter or to grand parents. At that time we did't have time off from being a Mom LOL my three learned to leave the sewing machine and Iron alone! Untill I taught them how to use it. Then never complained about waiting for me to pick fabric, or doing anything else. If they started fussing or screaming I just stoped what I was doing and took them home, we live out in the country, going to town was a treat for all of us. Only had to do that twice, child #3 learned by watching . LOL Nap time and after bed time were for suprise sewing.
I think we lived the same life! LOL
when my kids were small my machine was set up in the dining room. the kids played around me, and occasionally one would be in my lap as i sewed. In the evening i would do handwork while they had a snack and watched TV before bed. My DH worked nights at the time and I worked early mornings so we had to coordinate our activities so one of us was always home for the kids. If there was a big project I needed to get done-say Easter outfits- he would be on "Dad duty" all day so i could sew. If he needed extra time to work on something, I would do the same-kids knew who to go to and who not to interrupt