View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 07:23 AM
Caroline S

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
Here is a message she posted about the 2nd 66 she has that her mother motorized. Not sure what she is tailing about when she mentions a $100 junk box. She describes the decals on the machine, does this mean anything?

Ok I have to go looking I believe I have one of those $100 wooden boxes with "junk" in it. Also I have another singer. My mom back in the 60's had it motorized the # on it is G9852752. It has gold decoration on it with Egyptian Pharow head and wings and a lion body.
I bet the wooden box is a Singer Puzzle Box. I have one and they are so cool. And the "junk" is probably sewing machine attachments. I have seen the Puzzle Boxes advertised on Ebay for all sorts of prices. I think I paid $20 for mine. Check Ebay so you will know for what a Puzzle Box looks like and an idea as to the current prices. Maybe you can make a package deal for everything. If I were you I would go look at everything closely and then decide whether you want to purchase or not. Waiting breathlessly for the results of your new acquisition adventure. It is sort of fun to be on the hunt vicariously.