Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Look @ this Beauty 1910 SINGER Treadle >

Look @ this Beauty 1910 SINGER Treadle

Look @ this Beauty 1910 SINGER Treadle

Old 02-12-2012, 06:52 AM

she might mean a wooden puzzle box for accessories - but I haven't seen any of those selling for $100 lately. The other machine is a Sphinx - those are a dime a dozen around here but I can't find a red eye anywhere. :-(
Old 02-12-2012, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
Here is a message she posted about the 2nd 66 she has that her mother motorized. Not sure what she is tailing about when she mentions a $100 junk box. She describes the decals on the machine, does this mean anything?

Ok I have to go looking I believe I have one of those $100 wooden boxes with "junk" in it. Also I have another singer. My mom back in the 60's had it motorized the # on it is G9852752. It has gold decoration on it with Egyptian Pharow head and wings and a lion body.
I bet the wooden box is a Singer Puzzle Box. I have one and they are so cool. And the "junk" is probably sewing machine attachments. I have seen the Puzzle Boxes advertised on Ebay for all sorts of prices. I think I paid $20 for mine. Check Ebay so you will know for what a Puzzle Box looks like and an idea as to the current prices. Maybe you can make a package deal for everything. If I were you I would go look at everything closely and then decide whether you want to purchase or not. Waiting breathlessly for the results of your new acquisition adventure. It is sort of fun to be on the hunt vicariously.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:29 AM

Pinkberrykay,
She's beautiful! I think my forever favorite with be 'Charlee', my Red Eye. Three hours is a drive but pack snacks and water and go on a road trip girl.

I see she is missing part of the 'framing' on the casing that holds the drawers but that could be scabbed in. Were I you if I was looking for one of these machines, I'd bite.

Keep us posted.

Safe trip :-)

best,
d
Old 02-12-2012, 07:50 AM

I do see this now that you have mentioned it.

Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
Pinkberrykay,

I see she is missing part of the 'framing' on the casing that holds the drawers but that could be scabbed in. Were I you if I was looking for one of these machines, I'd bite.

Keep us posted.

Safe trip :-)

best,
d
Old 02-12-2012, 12:43 PM

I'll be that she means the Singer Puzzle box that holds the attachements. Here's a listing from Ebay to give you an idea of what she is talking about. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Puzz...d=315270624361

I have been dragging my husband out to find machines. He comes along willingly when I promise to take him out to dinner. In the last month or so I have bought a 1915 Singer treadle 15-30 and a 1953 Black Singer 301 Shortbed in a Singer #42 cabinet. I have had so much fun cleaning up the machines and making them "sing!" I am waiting for warmer weather to refinish the cabinets!

Have fun! And let us know how this all comes out!
Old 02-12-2012, 03:20 PM

Thanks for the link, know I know what she is talking about.

Originally Posted by cmrenno View Post
I'll be that she means the Singer Puzzle box that holds the attachements. Here's a listing from Ebay to give you an idea of what she is talking about. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Puzz...d=315270624361

I have been dragging my husband out to find machines. He comes along willingly when I promise to take him out to dinner. In the last month or so I have bought a 1915 Singer treadle 15-30 and a 1953 Black Singer 301 Shortbed in a Singer #42 cabinet. I have had so much fun cleaning up the machines and making them "sing!" I am waiting for warmer weather to refinish the cabinets!

Have fun! And let us know how this all comes out!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:49 AM

It's nice Kay...a model 66 "Redeye" or "Redhead" decals. Looks like backclamp attachments, they can be spendy, but not impossible to find. Cabinet is really pretty!

I found mine on ebay and they were "spendy" but I got everything, will I use them? probably not LOL
Old 02-13-2012, 06:18 AM

I bet the "wooden box with "junk" in it"... is the Singer Puzzle Box. I have one and the "junk" she mentions would be all the attachments that are inside the Puzzle Box. I believe the $100 to be high though, they can be purchased on ebay and are not that pricey. JMHO, lol.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:19 PM

Charlee,

You are a woman after my own heart. I have been trying to convince my hubbie to get rid of the couch and his recliner so I can get a long arm and put it in the great room!