View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 AM
tngal22

He got a slight taste of it when I was down after my surgery. BUT he didn't do half of what I do. He didn't like to cook because that meant dishes to clean and he only vacuumed ONCE in the two weeks I wasn't allowed. We have 4 cats so I vacuum at least twice a week. Of course he was glad when I was able to move better and do more. Things are almost back to normal. I still can't vacuum but once because it is tiring for me but at least it is more than once in two weeks.

Hubby is military and has a different view of things AND he was deployed her whole first year. He loves her, no doubt about that, but he is just different in his approach and he knows it too.

He did tell me the other day I could sew today so we shall see. I got my mom's quilt put together yesterday and it is ready to be sewn together.

And my sewing room is upstairs in our bonus room...there is no door to block her from coming upstairs so I am using stopping and going when I try to sew. Unless she finds something that SHE wants to do like this morning while I worked on a vest thing for her.

Originally Posted by GladGrams View Post
As a Grammy, I think your husband needs a "heads up" coming home from work and taking care of his child is not "baby sitting," it is called being a "father." You have been "working all day - and will continue all evening - and taking care of your child being a "mother." I guess he thinks his job is harder than yours and he deserves a break while you keep on working till bedtime? Maybe it would be "fun" to gift him with your job for a week? It sure changed my SIL's tune when he had to do it while mommy was in the hospital and Grammy wasn't there. He was begging to go back to "work!"