View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by Sheila_H View Post
DH received his father's stamp collection when his dad passed away, we've got boxes, about 12 albums, and I don't know how many stuffed into envelopes and other things. Do you catalog yours? It's something I need to do for him at some point, I will go through it and see what we might be able to trade with you. I used to do it myself when I was a child and had some really wonderful stamps from all around the world.
I inherited my Dad's and DGF's collection, plus have my own. I had my DD's and DGF's cataloged several years ago, but not mine. There must be a total of 30 ablums, numerous boxes of sorted stamps (in glassine envelopes and paper envelopes), boxes of first day covers, mint sheets, plate blocks, etc. All very time-consuming for me. I tend to just work on my collection which, when I get it out to work on, takes over my sewing area for days! I belonged to several stamp clubs as a child, and used to save my pocket money (allowance) to spend on "stamps on approval" from these clubs. Anyway, i'll PM you to talk further!