Old 02-13-2012, 02:24 PM
NanaCsews2

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Ditto!
When I am going to use a template a lot, I take it to the local glass shop and they cut it from plexiglass, which is the same as our rulers. And it does not cost an arm and a leg!

The only drawback is that there's no markings which we are used to with our rulers.
You may not get all the teeny tiny markings of each inch, but to get basic lines and angles etc. on your acrylic or plexiglass rulers and templates, you could always go to the site you have seen the ruler, enlarge the ruler as big as it will go by clicking on the picture, then right click, copy image, and paste it into WORD (as an example). Draw or copy a 1" square on the page and print. Check the 1" sq to see if the ruler is correct size, if not enlarge or reduce and print again. Lay the paper under the ruler, take a regular ruler and draw the lines you need with a Sharpie. There may be an easier way to do it, but this is one way to do it. I also use the Snipping Tool on my computer and copy and paste what I would like to save.