View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Casi

Being a newbie, I thought I could reply to separate replies, guess not.....thanks to all the suggestions. No Onebyone, I don't live in a tent. I do only have my fine dining table, which is what I did initially cut on but I am very afraid of scratching it accidently. My counter top is ceramic tile. I have been doing it on the laminate floor in the spare bedroom which I have taken over as my computer room where I also sew. I would like something portable so when I'm not using I can put it away; I have had the opportunity a couple of times to use discarded pieces of furniture but opted not to because I didn't want the extra furniture in my already crowded room. I do own one of those fold up tables like some of you are talking about which is in my RV. I will get it out and see if that would work for me. I am 5'2", not sure how the height would work. My cutting mat is only an 18 x 24, been waiting to catch a bigger one on sale or that I could use a coupon on, so it would fit fine on that table. Sengell I am 64 also and it is a killer! lol Thanks everyone.