Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Oh, it is so nice to be on this trail with the younger set!! Happy Anniversary to Mirabell with 34 years and dublb with 29 years. This March marks 46 years for dh and me; four more years to our 50th. And the talk of the town when we got married was it would never last. We had to get married; no, we did not. We could not have children; we waited for three years for our first one, just to have some time together first before a family came along. I married beneath me; 'cause some persons did not like his grandfather in my hometown. I married a farm boy because I loved the country and he was going to college to better himself. His own Mother appeared on our doorstep to tell me how he would never earn a living for a girl whom he married. According to her, he was "too" lazy to work. He worked 16-20 hour day for his parents, 7 days a week, without pay, on the farm. How wrong can well-meaning people be on what they "think"!!

I like the saying: Yesterday is history; tomorrow is the future; and today is a gift to enjoy...that is why it is called "the present". Look for sunshine and happiness and welcome it when it knocks on your door. Seize the moment. Treasure it. Thats why I like QB; everyone looks for the best in others and their work.