View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by TanyaL
I googled fabric manufacturers. I didn't find any quilting fabric manufacturers listed for the US. The US companies had their manufactuerers listed as being in China,Pakinstan,Thailand,and India, as the main countries, then Turkey, Phillipines, etc. Does ANYONE have any other information about the manufacture of quilting fabric being in the US or in NATO countries? I would much prefer to buy those.
TanyaL, the reason you're not finding any fabric companies who manufacture in the US is because there are none. At least, none that make cotton fabric. That all is woven in Asia, and it is all printed overseas, too, in Pakistan, China, South Korea, Japan, and Indonesia (for batiks).

The only place that I know of that prints cotton fabric in the US is Santee. They are the company that prints a lot of the basic prints that are on the calico wall at JoAnn Fabrics.

If you are looking for poly/cotton fabrics that are made in the US, then send me a PM because I do have a link to a US manufacturer that I could send you.