View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 07:00 AM
MrsBoats

Default my thrift shop find

I posted about this one in the Vintage forum (http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...e-t179815.html), but was advised that since this is newer, I might find more info here.

Here's the C&P:
This is my newest thrift store find-a New Home/Janome MyExcel 15S. It's pretty pristine; it has a pink bobbin in it, but if it's been used much I'll eat that bobbin. The motor purrs along quietly and it sews a nice stitch. Under the flip-top it's got a pocket for a needle pack, and slots for feet (but no feet), plus the spool pin, etc. It looks kind of like the Janomes I see in class once in awhile, although this one is mechanical and not computerized.

Does anybody know *anything* about this machine? I spent all of last night googling and found nothing but a few manuals (I'm about to go dl one-it took me three tries to thread it correctly) and generic spare parts. It's mentioned in passing in a few places, but nothing about the machine itself. (An aside: I didn't know New Home was still producing sewing machines!)

My only real question is how old is it? I'm guessing 15~ years, but that's a WAG on my part. I'd be grateful for any other information out there-I've never met a machine as new as this one, with as little findable info!
Attached Thumbnails myexcel15s.jpg   myexcel15s-2.jpg