View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 09:51 AM
LenaBeena

Exclamation

Originally Posted by cybermom View Post
I was at a sit down restaurant and ordered white milk. The waitress asked "what is white milk?". I was so surprised that I said "there is chocoate milk and white milk and I don't want chocolate". We never saw that waitress again the entire meal. I think she was a little embarrassed. I was a little embarrassed, too because I'm not that outspoken normally.

This reminded my husband of the time we were eating at a nice restaurant and ordered chicken. The waitress asked what kind of gravy we wanted. I said ""Chicken gravy". She laughed and even called another waitress over to hear my reply. The second waitress said "Theres no such thing as chicken gravy", and laughed too. So I said "What type of gravy do you have?" They answered "Brown or white." I knew better than to question them any further so just agreed to white, assuming it was like milk gravy. It was, sort of. Next day I was telling this to several co-workers and they also had never heard of chicken gravy!!! Only one who was over 60 said she vaguely remembered her mother making it. I, my daughter, many friends, etc. make it all the time. Are we unusual?