Did I hear you correctly?

Old 02-20-2012, 06:05 AM

Did you want fries with that?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:31 AM

My daughter use to work for McDonald's when she was in high school. I can still remember her telling me about the people that came in and ordered a hamburger/cheeseburger. LOL She would explain it was just written like that...you had to make a decision. I've noticed in the last year or more when I order a hamburger I will be asked if I want cheese on it..DUH...am I missing something here? Wouldn't that make it a cheeseburger????
Old 02-20-2012, 09:34 AM

This happens to me so many times at McDonalds, I won't leave the drive through window unless I check my order.
I like just pickles on my hamburger and guess what I usually get, everything but pickles. Saturday my husband took my hamburger back to the manager and he said "So what did you get?" Sounds like anything is possible.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mickie612 View Post
Having worked with the public for years, the public can be as dumb as you think the workers are. There are rules you have to follow and sometimes people do not understand. Please be patient and give them a smile and make both of your day easier.
You know this is kinda right, sometimes the public is to blame. Sometimes we think they should get it right everytime without having to say it more than once. Let's face it sometimes we don't even notice who it is we are handing our money to or getting our food from, we rarely acknowledge the person serving us. I know I have been guilty of this. There are rules that the employee is required to follow, but still at minimum wage exactly what caliber of work do we expect from some of these employees.
I have personally have made an effort of late to look the person in the drive through window in the eye as I hand them my money or accept my food. I also say thank you and try to remember to offer a smile because it might be the only one they get that day.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by valsma View Post
You know this is kinda right, sometimes the public is to blame. Sometimes we think they should get it right everytime without having to say it more than once. Let's face it sometimes we don't even notice who it is we are handing our money to or getting our food from, we rarely acknowledge the person serving us. I know I have been guilty of this. There are rules that the employee is required to follow, but still at minimum wage exactly what caliber of work do we expect from some of these employees.
I have personally have made an effort of late to look the person in the drive through window in the eye as I hand them my money or accept my food. I also say thank you and try to remember to offer a smile because it might be the only one they get that day.
You are so right! We need to say thanks more often. We are often the person to blame. Thanks for reminding us.

Still another story about confusion is when my son was working at a hardware store and a woman came in looking for an "electric hand saw". He showed her chain saws, circular saws, reciprocating saws and many more, all of which are electric and hand held saws. None was what she wanted. After some discussion she was very happy when he found her item................in the kitchenware section.................an electric knife! And yes, she said thanks.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:17 PM

We have been going thru the Drive thru and even the lobby at Burger King in our small town for years. Everytime, no matter how much we complain we are always getting the wrong items on our orders. NO PICKLES!! EXTRA ONIONS!! What do we get, 3 or 4 pickles (hate pickles!)...regular onions (love the O's!!), and little to no mayo! SO aggravating!! The only place we can go for a normal order is down the road 3 miles to Wendys...love those fries!! Free senior drink, love the chili!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Power Poster

As DH and I are aging, our hearing is getting poorer. If the employees are having the same issues with hearing that we are, it's amazing that things are done correctly as often as they are!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:51 PM

They also do not know how to count you change back to you either.
If the cash registers did not tell them how much I do not think some
of them could even subtract bill from your money offering for the the change.

This is what is happening because the kids are allowed to use calculators as
early as the 2nd grade.
They do not know how to add & subtract.

J J