View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 12:38 PM
damaquilts

Interesting that this should come up. I have been cleaning things out, I just freecycled about 2 dozen older (vintage) sewing books and quilting books . One I realized I had since it was new. Better homes and gardens sewing book. 1971. I may have used it 5 or 6 times. I know that I will never make quilts with templates again. sitting tracing cutting with scissors etc. So some of those went. I am only keeping technique books . I am remeasuring and wrapping my fabric. If I don't think I will ever use it for anything it will go in a pile/box. I already weeded out my sewing machines. I am going to tell my brother that they are to be sold and the money donated to my favorite humane society. In the next year I am going to get my UFO's done and rid of for the most part. I am not buying any more fabric (mostly) unless its to finish a project.I know there is not one person in my family that gives a flip about my quilting. So I will get to see where it goes this way.
When my grandmother died and I went to clear out her place I was amazed there were no clothes or much of anything left. A few baubles thats it. I think she did the same thing the year before she passed.