View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 02:22 PM
mpspeedy

Funny this topic should come up. I just spent several hours today straighting up my sewing room looking for somethings I couldn't find. Everytime I think I am using up some of my stash there is another great sale or I get involved in another project other than quilting. I am now making those Princess Pillowcase dresses. The good news is that I can use some of my fabrics that are not ideal for quilting. The bad news is that they require elastic and bias tape. I make at least 20 Linus quilts a month and some of them are fleace that was donated to the chapter and I finish them by crocheting an edge around them. That required me purchasing or collecting a stash of yarn. Several years ago I packed up all of the fabric I had purchased for garment making and never got around to and donated it to our local Vo Tech fabric construction class. That made a little more room for my other projects. For a while I was a handquilter for hire and that kept me from making more quilts as I was busy finishing someone else's. With the advent of the longarm I am basically out of business. I still like to spend my TV watching time either working on a small handquilting project or crocheting on those Linus blankets. I have at least half a dozen bed size quilts stored in my cedar chest and on the bed and both sofas. There are throws scattered through out the house so if anyone is chilled they can just grab one. I can always be counted on to donate some size of quilted project to a guild or other group bingo, sale or otherwise. My stash seems to be having babies of it's own.
My daughter is into crafts but things like glassblowing. My step-daughter and daughter-in laws are not crafty at all and neither are my granddaughters. Since my husband is ten years my senior my daughter will probably end up disposing of our worldly goods. I guess I should leave her a list. Our local Senior Center gets a lot of donations from estates and folks moving into assisted living etc. I guilt with a group of ladies there who make use of the donations to raise funds for the center projects. Maybe I should think about sticking a label on each of my six machines with an estimate of thier worth and list of attachments, software etc. The more I think about it the guilter I feel. I have more than $1000 tied up in embroidery software, much of which I have never used. It sure was fun collecting it.