View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 02:26 PM
DogHouseMom

I'm doing my first now. I'm not ordinarily a fan of mystery quilts - I'm not even a fan of quilts made with a specific pattern, I like to make (or re-design) my own.

But this one caught my eye because some of the ladies had already started it so I had an opportunity to get the general idea - it's a sampler quilt and I always wanted to do a sampler of different blocks. I also had a lot of scraps, and a ton of white on cream for the background so it was a perfect opportunity.

A bunch of us are doing here on QB it's called "Just Take 2" and you can find the thread if you do a search on that.

The Mystery BOM is for the most part free. They deliver blocks twice a month on two different websites (once at the first, and once at the 15th). But it's only free for 30 days after it's first posted, after that I think you have to pay $2.00 or something. It started Jan 1 - so the first and second sets of blocks are no longer free.

It's fun. but like I said, I wouldn't have done it if all the stars didn't align just right