View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 03:28 PM
ncredbird

Our Quilts of Valor group started one right before Thanksgiving. We chose our own colors and did all the cutting. Then DH and I left town until after the 1st of Jan. to be with the children's families for the holidays. They were supposed to email me the directions but I didn't get instructions while I was gone. When I returned they explained that they had found some discrepancies in the instructions and didn't want me struggling with them all by myself so they waited until I returned to straighten them out. As I work on it I realize it wasn't so much the directions as it is the fact that there are just so dang many pieces and seams in this quilt that it is a PIA to square up the HST and the ironing is a nightmare. It will be pretty when I finish it but right now it is daunting to just get it pieced together. I hope to have it finished by the end of the week and will post a picture of it when I do.
I really like the 4 Super Bowl Quilts you all posted. Wish that had been the quilt I am working on. This one may put me off of mystery quilts permanently.