View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 06:14 AM
MrsBoats

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
this was late 80'
s to early 90's and you should find more info at a Janome dealer who has been in business that long! They were not on the open market, but I believe only sold through stores like Sears. It should take generic Janome/Kenmore parts. Wish we lived close by so I could test it for you. I have an older janome gem silver that is much like this! It takes all generic kenmore/janome feet/bobbins!
Good to know! I may even have some stray feet in my extras box; I'll have to check. I wasn't too far off on guessing the date, either. Thanks!

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
I found this video on youtube, perhaps it might help you thread it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsAKxI79BS0
Yup. That's how I finally got it figured out.

Originally Posted by SmickChick View Post
That's my backup machine!!!! I take it to guild classes. I had a new singer that my mother gave me after college in 1980. I struggled with that crappy piece of @#$, and finally took a hammer to it. Then I went to my local dealer around 1992, and he recommended this machine--took my singer on trade, said he'd use it for parts, but I'm sure he hauled it straight to the dumpster. Paid around $350 for it then. I still like it, nothing fancy, but works fine.
I knew *somebody* out there had to have one! Nice to know yours is still chugging along-this one seems to be too. I'm still debating whether or not to keep it (Yes! It's a nice machine! No! You've already got two backups, how many do you need?) but I'll think of something eventually. today I'll make a 10-minute table runner on it for a shakedown cruise, see how that goes.