View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 07:59 AM
buslady

WOW!! Lots of info. And more questions, that I am trying to get the answer to. Went to Best Buy yesterday and TRIED to get some info. I guess I didn't look enough like I would buy, cause I sure couldn't get any help. Wish I had thought and gone to the Barnes and Noble. Even at the BB they said the Nook was better than the Kindle, but it was also $50 more. Found the Nook Tablet for the same price as the Fire on the net. Not sure about buying over the net cause of the support issues. But it sounds like the Barnes and Noble people might be helpful in either case. Can't wait to go to the B&N to check it out. I think a LOT depends on the store near you. The BB closest to me sucks! Haven't been to the B&N lately. I am also looking to find out about the on-line magazines. Neither the Fire or the Nook has quilt mags listed in their "store". Fire sent me to info on buying the mags, but not electronic, and no link to go see. Will find time later to visit a couple of their sites and see what the availability is. Whew, this is a workout!!! I don't usually buy this type of toy for myself, so I want to get it right! Thanks for any and all input, I'd like to keep this thread going with any and all info that can be shared. At least we will all know one way or the other if we are thinking of something like this. Even my DH is for it, of course he knows how much I spend on magazines and he sees the piles I have. I don't like to get rid of them, as I use them for inspiration.