View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 10:41 AM
janceejan

Default OK walk away moment

Everytime you think something is sooooo easy it should go well, well it doesn't.... This quilt i am making for my dd is rated beginner, English tiles, 6.5 blocks set on point with a 4 inch border down either side....sounds easy.......NOT!!!

I have cut the sashings that go around the tile, 1/2 inch too short, but only did it on half of them....ok, this I can recut, had enough material,no problem. It all sews together the next evening, ready to start putting the setting triangles in and well, my brain does not compute like it used to. But, again, I will continue. Had to pin each in their proper placement so it made it easier. Ready to move on.....joining the sections together...well my seam ripper and I are oh sew close today.....

Top thread broke twice, rethreaded and found the hangup, fixed check and move on.....didn't check bobbin, ran out after a precarious stitch through several intersections making sure all lined up nicely....

It is a walk away moment......time to sit in the sun on the deck, smoke one and have a diet dr pepper. Maybe this evening, I hope....

Thanks for letting me rant................