Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OK walk away moment >

OK walk away moment

OK walk away moment

Old 02-23-2012, 06:15 PM

Can you use the sashings that go around the tile that you cut 1/2" too short for the binding?
Old 02-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

I usually am not smart enough to walk away or wait a day to get things right. I have stayed up really late before trying to get quilt pieces to do what I want them to do. Sometimes I totally have to give up, My oldest Daughter says I like to bang my head into a brick wall before I stop. Guess it is true. I hate giving into anything until forced to. Mule comes to mind when I think of myself, as in stubborn as a.........
Old 02-23-2012, 06:45 PM

I hate it when that happens! But it does happen! Walking away is good, you will be back to it in no time with a positive attitude.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 PM

Sometim,es we don't walk away soon enough. Take a deep breath!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:22 PM

It isn't just the quilt that you have to walk away from, some days. I have been wrestling with figuring out fabric requirements for a specific quilt pattern, for several days. It doesn't help that I have a choice of 2 sizes of blocks and a VERY finite amount of 2 of the fabrics required. I have awakened at 4 am, with how many strips of this and blocks of that running thru my head....it is definitely preying on my mind. Sure hope I come to a definite decision soon. I could use some sleep!!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM

Well it all worked out. I put the "Litle Brother" in time out, told him I had choices of machines to use and usually he was my starter. If he could behave I would keep him in the starting lineup. He said he would do his best, and he did.

Reread the instructions a time or two, and just like we all learn differently and arrive at the same conclusion, so was this. I had to sit and piece it my way in succesion and chain piecing so repetitive sewing worked for me. I got it all put together.

And the smoke and Diet DP did help, so did feeding the DH and dogs and putting everyone to bed. And sewed until 1:30 this am. Quiet time....priceless!!!! Thanks again for hearing me out and glad sometimes to know we all get in the same boat.........may this weekend bring many wonderful hours of sewing for all!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by orangeroom View Post
Can you use the sashings that go around the tile that you cut 1/2" too short for the binding?
I have a series of scrap log cabins i am making so that will work for them..........good idea though, thanks
Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
You handled it the same way I would...and did! Did you roll your own?....just wondering....
maybe, maybe not...............
Old 02-24-2012, 01:11 AM

Been there, had days like that. A glass of wine works great too. lol.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:09 PM

Don't feel bad we all have those moments. I have a quilt top that is not working out to my design and it is sitting in a drawer "In time out" since last June.
We are all human.