View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Quilt Mom

Originally Posted by Holly J. View Post
I am so sorry if this sounds selfish, but I am a newbie quilter and don't have many quilting items or much stash yet, and only 5 quilting books. I would love to know how I might be in touch with anyone wanting to get rid of quilting items - they would definitely go to a good home - to someone who is very interested in quilting (Me). I am so in love with this new craft, and the only other quilter I know is my Mom, who is 20 years older than me (in her 80's) and doesn't need any more quilting items. Is there a place on this site where someone can post quilting items for sale or to purchase, or even for donations? I'd be very interested in finding our if anyone wants to donate quilting items to newbie quilters. Thanks. (Hope I haven't offended anyone.)
There is a spot on the board for selling/trading fabric, books, patterns, etc. There are also those who post pay-it-forward items. You can check there. 'Members Only Thrift Shop and Yard Sale' is the section name.

If you are working on a particular project, you might ask for help. There are several projects going on all the time - quilts of valor, quilts for kids, projects for shelters for abused women and children, etc.

There are also times when a quilter in need is 'showered' with fabrics, etc.