Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Honchey

Default The FW PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 8 Clover Blossom & Colt's Corral Discussion Page

Week 8 is here and 16 blocks is the magic number ....Funny, There's no magic here 'cus I don't have that many done. Who here does?
I know better but I just can't help myself..Remember I offered some of the Santa Cowboy fabric to anyone here as long as I had some??? Heres the block I did with it... didn't do much of anything else...this excited me enough to get it done. Here ye be:

Also a new letter for you to read.

Letters of the Week #5--Leota R. Bray; Lawrence County, South Dakota
Leota's family was one that moved around a great deal. Her father Andrew wasborn in Michigan in about 1880. Leota, who also had the name of "Easter," wasborn in 1906 or 1907 in California. When she won "Cute" she was living in SouthDakota, but she mentions in her letter that she and her family were planning tomove to Arizona. It is unknown if they ever went there, since there are norecords of the Andrew Bray family in the 1920 census. I wonder where they were?? In 1930, Leota is listed along with her parents, Andrew and Belle and perhaps abrother, Jackwin, age 9, living in the Oakland area of California. The 1940 census, due to be released in 2012, will hopefully give us moreinformation about Leota. I think that it is likely that she married since I canfind no death records for her with the last name of Bray. </pre>
Attached Thumbnails pony-club-quilt-photos-001.jpg