Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Thanks for asking everyone ... I'll change the PC discussion a little ... My FWS sashing/border/binding fabric is Michael Miller Krystal, in a green that's very close to what I was showing my blocks on as I photo'd them. It's perhaps a tad brighter, but minimally.

If you're looking for a nice tonal blender there's 189 colours in the line .... I couldn't get over it when I saw the sample card! Seemed so much like a paint card .... several shade of one colour, that just had a very minor difference between them. I think it's going to become a favourite of mine!

Oh yes ... I'm tres anxious to get at the sashing ... hopefully this weekend, I can get a good run on it!

Being that we're talking about "where" we live ... I live on the edge of a small village. Otherwise, I'm about 15 kms from the nearest "real" grocery and other shopping. In the village, we have a small grocery, but I hate it, as the fresh veggies are far from that, and overpriced. At least you know you can get something if you really need it in a pinch. However, there have been times that no, I couldn't .... eg. one time sugar was not on the shelves. Can you imagine that!

Being born and raised in the country, and always driving to the stores, I've always been used to keeping a running list ... and when I was on the farm, and I shopped, I shopped big! Never buy one thing, buy 1/2 dozen. When life changed and I was on my own ... OMG did I ever have to learn "how" to shop differently ... and also how to cook small(er) quantities!!!!

So I still keep an ongoing list, and take it with me .... if I feel like it, I might get several things done beyond the priorities. And if not, well, they wait!