View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 12:46 PM
butterflywing

gwyn,

i would be afraid of something like wine or beets or grape juice spilling. they leave really bad stains. even gravy. i would also keep something like plastic under it so any spills that do get through won't ruin the table as well as the table quilt. the whole thing would make me nervous.

besides, what will you cover after that? LOL! :lol: what about layering? you put on a tablecloth. the one you're going to eat off of. then you layer over that with with a smaller quilted tablecloth in coordinating colors.
when it's time to actually eat, you remove the quilted one and replace it with matching quilted placemats. still very pretty and more practical. and it shows off your quilting skills while protecting your work. what do you think? i have no placemats, but i do have quilted table toppers that i remove before serving. then there's a solid color washable tablecloth.

(can you hang them on your walls? they take the place of headboards. use them for window coverings (if you also use a lining). hang shelves and create a collection. they're very pretty when folded up.)

if you really have no more places to put quilts, then i suggest that you send your stash to me. i'll find a place for everything.

let us know what you decide to do about this. i give mine away, so i don't have too many for the space and the beds and the walls i have.