View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Peckish

I have a somewhat different problem at one LQS. She leaves me alone as I shop, but when I bring my bolts to the cutting counter, she starts up the chitchat that NEVER STOPS. And it's very personal chitchat about her family, too much information and inappropriate. She's even followed me out the door into the parking lot, yakking. I've tried all kinds of things, like bringing my mom to distract her, pretending to get a call on my cell phone, telling her point blank that I needed to leave to pick up my kids from school. Nothing has worked so far. My next plan of action involves a quilting friend, she's agreed that when I text her, she'll wait 5 or 6 minutes (for my fabric to get cut) then call the store and ask the owner a question, which is when I'll make a clean getaway. I haven't had the nerve to go back yet, though!

I recently visited a LQS in a neighboring town that I hadn't been to yet. Holy cow, the store was heaven. It was HUGE, an absolute maze of heavenly fabrics and displays. I could have spent an entire day there, just looking. But my husband had come with me, and he stuck to me like white on rice. It drove me nuts, I just could not shake him. I finally left without purchasing anything and resolved to go back later without him. A couple of days later he made a comment about how we had gone all the way down there for nothing! I just chuckled to myself.