View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Highmtn

You have a very poor Bernina dealer and possibly a lemon machine. It's VERY possible... I had to lemon law a brand new car once, and that included a HUGE battle with the dealer that sold it to me! I didn't back off and eventually they gave me a new car.

As soon as you didn't get solid support from the person who sold it to you - I would have been on the phone to Bernina voicing my complaint. Really...the squeaky wheel gets the grease as they saying goes. I had a new Pfaff years ago, and it also started off having major problems. I think Pfaff's are good machines. Ultimately my problem was with the DEALER who didn't want to back his product. ANY man made machine (car, sewing machine, TV, tractor) with lots of bells and whistles can have issues if the person on the assembly line that day was asleep or just not in the mood to pay attention.

Ultimately, I gave the Pfaff machine away and went with the local Bernina dealer due to her support reputation. That was 4 years ago, and I have been MORE THEN HAPPY with her service AND my machine. Not only does she physically help you through ANY issues you have, she has a shop email for anyone who's purchased a Bernina from her and she cks that EVEN ON THE WEEKENDS.

Call Bernina...and give them two ears full. I sure as heck would! I know how you feel, and my Bernina is not near the level yours is. I have a 440 with the embroidery module. It's been a total delight and it's logged more miles then the Starship Enterprise.

Last edited by Highmtn; 02-24-2012 at 06:34 AM.