Old 02-24-2012, 06:39 AM
grandma.me

why don't you start with the basics. 6x24" ruler, cutting mat, rotary cutter, couple of seam rippers, small scissors for by your sewing machine, good pair of cutting scissors (Fiskars, Gingher, etc), taper measures, pin cushions, quilt stick pins (usually have yellow or white heads and are a little longer than regular stickpins). I am just going through my mind what I all have laying by my sewing machine. Basic colors of thread. This is just what I can think of now. Basically, this would get you started, and then it seems like every time I made a new project there were always some new notions I needed, and I would get them as I needed. I think if you make a list, you will find lots of ideas from the quilters here, and just add it to your list. Bigger items you can get coupons from JoAnn's and Hancock's. I know I still write down notions I hear or read about and pick them up,and I have been sewing all my life. I am 68, and I love my sewing machine and my notions. Quilters, is there more you can add?
Marilyn