Old 02-28-2012, 10:39 AM
J Miller

I feel better today.

Yesterday I started this thread because a small box containing a metal bodied motor with a cast iron bracket was delivered broken. It was a good little motor before some one(s) played basket ball with the box.

Fast forward to today.
I just got another box from another forum member with a Bakelite motor and lamp, a foot controller and some attaching parts. All parts wrapped in bubble wrap and packed in a larger flat rate box.
It arrived in good condition, all parts in good shape. No damage of any kind.

The box yesterday came from California.
The box today came from Illinois.

Not trying to make anything out of this other than to report two different boxes from two different places in the country and they arrived in different conditions.

There is still no excuse for this kind of damage. I will not forgive them that.

Now, I just had a thought about another shipment I received last month.

I'd ordered some treadle parts from a company in Australia. Paid for it and somehow I managed to give them the wrong street number.
That package left the AU postal system, came to the US, went through customs then made it here to IL before being sent back to Australia because of "NO SUCH ADDRESS". The seller sent it out again with the correct address on it and it repeated it's journey. Double custom stickers, double everything, and finally arrived to me in perfect condition.

Those who try to be sympathetic to or make excuses for a damaged package will find it falls on deaf ears with me.
There are too many cases of packages arriving under extreme conditions without damage for me to believe that all of them couldn't be delivered the same way.

Joe