Old 02-29-2012, 06:27 AM
purplemem

I'm in for the weight loss! Total for February was 3 pounds and I am very happy!

My exercise is going so well, but, boy, do I have knees!! They pop and crackle and ache. I just started taking Gluc/Chroindotin (sp?) and I hope that will decrease the pain. Each week I have been increasing the intensity, I am now up to 1/2 mile x2 at 2.2 mph and 8 min on the arm thingy at 2.0. It is so intense for me I am wringing wet when I finish. I still do weight work too, just 2 exercises of 15 reps at 2 pounds.

My blood sugar has been normal all month and my blood pressure is way down. Such good results.

My breathing? I really don't know. Yesterday I worked too hard and had to stop for a rest, I got light-headed during the workout. I see the lung doc April 3 so I will know results then.

I finally found my setting pattern for my gfg blocks, so I hope to start joining the "flowers" soon.

Lo-cal recipe, that will be a challenge. I grill tilapia on my George Forman, no fat at all, just lemon pepper. Not a new recipe to anyone but definitely delicious and low calorie, 90 cals per serving.

Does anyone know the glycemic index for split pea soup?
I make it with chicken broth, ham powdered flavoring, split peas, and bay leaf. I stir in 1 T of light sour cream before serving. 140 cals per serving. Last night I had 2 bowls, this morning my blood sugar was 209, not the usual number. Is the split pea soup the culprit? I didn't eat any snacks or sweets...