Old 02-29-2012, 09:17 AM
irishrose

MJ, with 28 grams of carbs in a 1 cup serving, the soup could be suspect. Eat the soup, but add more protein to the meal. The GI index I found was 60. More protein will help the light headedness during exercise, too. Which reminds me, I need to boil some eggs. Good thing I have some because we are snowed and iced in. So far no high winds so things are okay. Your increase in exercise in just a few weeks is amazing. We're very proud of you. I think your lung doctor will be pleasantly surprised.

Low cal recipe for the day - low fat cottage cheese on toast topped with cinnamon sugar (heavy on cinnamon for blood sugar control) and broiled for a few minutes. Quick protein for breakfast.

Feb 29 page in "for Today' the Overeater's Anonymous book;
A single arrow is easily broken,
but not ten in a bundle.
A Japanese proverb

When we try to regain control of our weight alone, we are not successful. We are in this together and our success depends on the help we can give each other. For the last two months, we have all posted less as the month went on. We get out of an endeavor what we put into it. For this month, I'd like all of us to post more.

Cindy, it's a good idea to know ahead. I may send April with March. Pastels and brights are nice choices.

Jeanne, how did coffee hour go this week? I did okay - a couple of bites of cheese and a lot of conversation.

Pam, Cindy, meanmom, jean, jeanne, MJ, welcome back.

I can sew on my red quilt today. My tutoree isn't coming because of the storm. He got all A s on his report card, so I guess he can have a day off. Do I remember how to do a decent applique? I'll find out. First I have to draw more flowers and decide on colors. Oh, and I have to go to the garage and work on the sewing machine that had soaked overnight in kerosene. Yick.

February 29 - a strange day. I was in labor on this date in 1964 and hoping Susan wouldn't come early which she didn't. In fact, we got the labor stopped and I carried that one 2 days less than 10 full months.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy