View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:34 AM
COYOTEMAGIC

Thank you ladies! This method works best for me and I've been doing it for years. I've tried "pin basting"---kept running over the danged things and breaking my needles. I tried the "basting gun"--poked holes that were to big for my liking. I tried the old tried and true thread basting----too slow.

1. Do you use the regular nozzle that comes with the Elmer's School Glue or do you use the fine one that Sharon Schamber uses for bindings?
I use the plain ol' orange nozzle that is on the top of the bottle

2. Are you careful not to use glue right on top of another glue line in the lower section? I don't know if my question is clear. You make a 3"x3" grid of glue between the backing and the batting, and a 6"x6" grid between the batting and quilt top, right? I assume that you are careful that these grids are not on top of each other--
Nah, I'm not careful about it at all. All my measurements of 3 or 6 inches apart are basicly "gues-timates" Overlapping is fine as long as there are no GLOBS of glue in one spot

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, were all here to learn from each other.