Old 08-28-2009, 11:24 AM
amazon

The lady was a Home Ec. teacher for almost thirty yrs. she passed away after a three month battle w/cancer, so sad. I battled w/myself whether to go or not, but she would have wanted quilters to have her stuff, none of the children were interested in any of it. I had never seen her room , but had heard about it, when I walked into the room,my knees almost went out from under me,Quilter Heaven came to mind, machines :quilting and embroidery, sewing tables , cabinets loaded with containers and baskets, built in bookshelf full of quilting books. It looked like your LQS instead of someone home. I didn't know where to begin, so I hit the material first, there where twenty something bins full of sorted by color material, I wanted them all, but just got 5,purple,yellow,white, green and brown(most of them had at least 5yd,some like the brown had more.The containers are 10.96 at walmart!And the white folding sewing table in the corner.The one that got away! A Janome 6500 xp and a Grace quilting system w/stylus and stitch control, 1600$they paid about 2250 for it, was desperatley trying to reach DH on cell when a lady wallked in w/cash in hand, what could I do. Oh well I'm happy with the rest that I got for 90$. Sniff, sniff. I called store where machine was bought, it would be 2500 out the door if I wanted it. I wanted way more but budget didn't allow. wail!I figure I could have spent 2 to 3 thousand and still would not have gotton all I wanted.Sorry so long just had to get it out.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-11162.jpe   attachment-11615.jpe