View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
If i owned a shop, I'd not cut 4.5 inch pieces-----------too much room for error and unhappy customers.
i certainly do not understand that mode of thinking. how can it be more room for error cutting 1/8 of a yard then cutting any other amount of fabric? i was at joann's once buying 1/8 yards and the girl cutting kept cutting them short trying not to give me an inch over which was just not smart on her part. she wasted fabric. my lqs always try to cut 1/8 yd purchase at a minimum of 5 inches, no problem.

i spend at least $35-$45 every time i go on my mini shopping trips to buy my 1/8 of yards or remnants or their sale fabrics. my lqs fabric pices are $10.99 to 12.99 per yard plus they sale vouge designer fabrics which are in the $35-$55 range. if they would not cut want i wanted they would surely lose my business. as it stands now, i am looking to buy a baby lock upgrade machine from them. their desire to accomodate me and others like me helps to keep them making sells.

my closest lqs, jackman's fabrics, has been locally owned & in business for over 100 years. its a good thing they are willing to accomodate the needs of their customers.