View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Canada Kate

Default Craft/Sewing Room Update #10 - Ta-Dah!

Update # 10 in the saga of my sewing room.
These posts are photo heavy.

Posts 1-9 are linked below.
Update # 9:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission...d-t179973.htmlCraft/Sewing Room Update # 7: Trim
Update #6:
Craft/Sewing Room - Update #6 - A Baby and Paint
Update # 5:
Craft/Sewing Room Update #5: Drywall
Update # 4:
Craft/Sewing Room - Update # 4: Let There Be Light
Craft/Sewing Room - Update # 2
First Post:
Craft/Sewing Room - The Before Pictures

It's finally all done. The contractor finished a week ago today. I would have posted the final result earlier, but several "life" things got in the way (a migraine that lasted for days, I got a new computer and had to set it up, my daughter is home from university for spring break...you know, life. )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317646[/ATTACH]

This is my family room. It was already finished by the builder when I moved in. The door is leading to the new room. I'm standing on the stairs taking this picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317647[/ATTACH]

Family room, showing the window opening to the new room. The door that you can see through the window leads to the laundry room.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317648[/ATTACH]

Sewing room, looking out into the family room through the window. I'm stranding in the doorway to the laundry room while taking this photo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317649[/ATTACH]

Looking in from the family room. The doors are, left to right, laundry room, corner closet and the full-sized closet. The white shelving between the two closets holds most of my scrapbooking paper pads. The wall that the ironing board is leaning against will be my design wall. I just have to get a curtain rod to hang on the top of that wall. I have curtain rings that have the clips on them, so that I will be able to push the flannel design wall to the left and behind the door when not in use. I'd like to hang some art on that wall.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317650[/ATTACH]

My new (used - found on Kijiji for $350) Horn of America sewing table. New ones cost $1,400.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317651[/ATTACH]

Right hand side counter top and cupboards.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317652[/ATTACH]

Right hand side top cupboard doors open. I still have lots of space to fill up!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317653[/ATTACH]

Middle of desk. I am going to get a higher bar-stool style chair to use here, as my office chair does not go up high enough to make it comfortable to work on scrapbooking. I usually stand here to cut fabric. The office chair is fine with the sewing table.

Attached Thumbnails basement-march-5_2012-001.jpg   basement-march-5_2012-008.jpg   basement-march-5_2012-007.jpg   basement-march-5_2012-009.jpg   basement-march-5_2012-010.jpg  

basement-march-5_2012-011.jpg   basement-march-5_2012-017.jpg   basement-march-5_2012-013.jpg