View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 05:15 AM
margee

Originally Posted by w1613s View Post
My grandmother knitted. Miles and miles of afghans. She made one to go to college with me and it has been with me forever after. Like a lot of people with special things I also tucked it away to protect it. I've protected it, enclosed in a clothing bag, in a drawer, for 47 years. I use the ones that came from friends, but not Gram's.

I'm close to being brave enough and cat-free enough to use it and enjoy the love and specialness and thoughfulness and giving it represents. I want to look at it and touch it and know when I wrap it around me that it's my wonderful grandmother hugging me. I think that when I finally get up the guts to put it on my reading chair, I'm going to hear her whisper, "Finally."

Think about it and maybe keep those wonderful gifts close to your heart, in your hands, and not in a drawer.

Kleenex please.

Pat
My Grandmother crocheted all her life & gave me a beautiful afghan when I graduated from HS. I'm 65 now & have taken that with me everywhere I have gone. Am now in my hometown area & still have it in a box. However, I do take it out to put on back of my chair where no pets can get to it. --enjoy it for awhile , then put it away. Your quilt has brought out good feelings & memories to a lot of us. Thanks. Don't mean to post so much but I keep reading & remembering something else & agreeing with the poster.