View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 09:10 AM
majormom

Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
I bought the Jane with an Imperial table so dont know what the machine alone costs. It is a primitive machine with no bells and whistles. It is the same machine as the Brother 1500. Strait stitch only with a complicated threading but a stitch regulator can be added when on a frame. The throat is only 9 inchs and it has an under the machine bobbin case which I hate.
Just wish I could afford a long arm machine instead because this machine is a hassle to use with a table. Constantly having to move from the back of the machine to the front and it runs out of bobbin thread fast when quilting on a table.
Frankly there are a number of features I like about the Brother PQ1500S which is essentially the same as the Babylock, and 'primitive' does not describe this machine. The threading looks to be about the same as what we older (primitive) sewers remember about our first machines and not at all complicated. The harp is 8.5 inches which is 3 inches bigger than my current machine and something I most definitely want. The fact that it only stitches straight stitches is why I am looking at it in the first place. I hate the way my electronic 'does everything but cook' machine's stitches can look sometimes. Love the idea of the thread cutter, the knee lift for the foot, the fact that it is so fast. My only problem with it is the placement of the bobbin. I want to put the machine into my cabinet, but that doesn't seem possible with the bobbin where it is.