Old 03-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Honchey

Default THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Discussion Page

Week 10---20 blocks---Nice round number. Yay!!I have done the first one for this week and will start Cowboy's Star tomorrow. Word of advice. ..if your using the pping patterns and you want the seams on the squares to interlock you have to reverse the positions on 4 of them...they are all numbered the same 1 & 2 none are reversed and don't answer any questions that your grandchildren ask because then your seams will come out wonky .Here is another letter....Letter of the Week #6--Arnold Anderson; Kandiyohi County, Minnesota This was a tough one. "Arnold Anderson" is a common name, but I think that Ihave found the right boy. The picture on page 15 was a great help to me.Arnold F. Marcellus Anderson was born on September 24, 1901. It appears thatthis was the second "Arnold" in the family. Arnold F. was born in December 1899,but no further records of him can be found. From my observation, it was notunusual to use the same name for a second child if the first one had died.Perhaps that happened in this case. It could also explain Arnold's double middlename.Arnold's parents were both born in Sweden and immigrated to America beforetheir marriage. Martin, born in 1860 arrived when he was 20; and Anna, born in1868 came when she was 16.The couple married in 1890, and had four living children: Esther (b. 1892),Agnes (b. 1894), Arnold (b. 1901) and Anna (b. 1907).I believe that the whole family is pictured on page 15, with an unknown man(perhaps the farm hand?) behind Arnold and "Pedro."In the 1930 census, when Arnold was about 28, we find that he is married! Hiswife's name is Selma T. and she is 27 years old. They are the parents of threechildren: James & Jerrie (twins?) age four, and a girl, Ruth, age three.Arnold died at the age of 83 years old (August 21, 1984) in the same Minnesotacounty that he had lived in all of his life.

Last edited by Honchey; 03-06-2012 at 07:47 PM.