Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Discussion Page >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Discussion Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Discussion Page

Old 03-11-2012, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
As with snowflakes with no two being alike. sewers, blocks, machines follow the same vein. what's easy for me might be difficult for you and as hard as I try I cannot sew a straight seam by hand or machine..I use guides all the time.
I do love the challenge of different blocks and wonder "how did she get the points so perfect" "why is it so easy for her to do it not pping when I pp and it still comes out wonky" it's because we're "different" in the way we sew, cut and press....and ....that's what makes each of us "Special"and our blocks as well!
Honchey, I have the same problem, I cannot sew a straight seam as hard as I try even when using guidelines. And........... after trying to do the cowboy star it seams I cannot sew a straight seam even when following the lines on the foundation paper. Very embarrassing.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:17 PM

Well put Anne
when it comes to quilting... I happen to be a bit of a wierdo, I dont pre wash, I dont press, before or during or after block assembly, and I really dont use starch! But I can cut more accurately with scissors than a rotary cutter and can sew a DARN GOOD straight seam only recently have I learned the concept of PP... and we dont get along so well.... LOL

ahhhh the joys of quilting

~~~GREAT BLOCKS ALL ~~~

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
As with snowflakes with no two being alike. sewers, blocks, machines follow the same vein. what's easy for me might be difficult for you and as hard as I try I cannot sew a straight seam by hand or machine..I use guides all the time.
I do love the challenge of different blocks and wonder "how did she get the points so perfect" "why is it so easy for her to do it not pping when I pp and it still comes out wonky" it's because we're "different" in the way we sew, cut and press....and ....that's what makes each of us "Special"and our blocks as well!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post
Well put Anne
when it comes to quilting... I happen to be a bit of a wierdo, I dont pre wash, I dont press, before or during or after block assembly, and I really dont use starch! But I can cut more accurately with scissors than a rotary cutter and can sew a DARN GOOD straight seam only recently have I learned the concept of PP... and we dont get along so well.... LOL

ahhhh the joys of quilting

~~~GREAT BLOCKS ALL ~~~
d_d--LOL here. All the work some of us go to get a not quite perfect block and wham you make it sound too easy!! Like it's been said before--each in our own way.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Power Poster

That's what makes quilting so enjoyable ... we can all create the same thing, in so many different ways. Then we get to discover how we all did it differently.

And thus, all the mutations of the how-to's. Evolution!!!

It's important to remember ... there's no wrong way to do something,
Rather, there's your very own way and it's perfectly right!!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:37 AM

I photographed this week's blocks and then last weeks blocks to post; thought I would really hate the Cowboy's Star, but it was not that bad to do...especially after I hit the Confederate Rose. John Barley Corn lived in Arkansas, his pony was named "Bob", and the Confederate Rose was his block???? The truth is stranger than fiction; wow. Razor Backs (wild hogs) might have been a better choice to represent AR; as the Hawkeyes (hawk) are for Iowa. Wonder how many with substitute a different block. Time will tell the tale. Just very happy that once was enough to do last week and this week's block, and on to the next ones.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
I photographed this week's blocks and then last weeks blocks to post; thought I would really hate the Cowboy's Star, but it was not that bad to do...especially after I hit the Confederate Rose. John Barley Corn lived in Arkansas, his pony was named "Bob", and the Confederate Rose was his block???? The truth is stranger than fiction; wow. Razor Backs (wild hogs) might have been a better choice to represent AR; as the Hawkeyes (hawk) are for Iowa. Wonder how many with substitute a different block. Time will tell the tale. Just very happy that once was enough to do last week and this week's block, and on to the next ones.
I didn't substitute Confederate Rose, but I have skipped it.....YIKES! Definitely NOT PPing friendly so I decided to play chicken....a beautiful block, but it won't be in my quilt.....LOL!