Old 03-07-2012, 10:40 AM
jlwheart

Hi all, thanks so much for congrats and support. I love that this is truly one time I don't mind being called a loser. We had 16" snow here last weekend. Finally got dug out yesterday. I could have sewn but ran out of the thread I use so today it's off to Hancocks. Only good part is they have extra discount today for seniors. We get commodities here and today's included huge bags of mixed baby greens. They've been making an effort in their boxes to pay attention to diabetic's food needs. I've gotten fresh plums and several ladies here didn't want theirs so that summer I canned plums and enjoyed them all winter. Those greens are a welcome site. I'm planning on super salads. My recipe this week is:
Pan Fied Chicken w/Tarragon serves 4 1/4= 190 calories, 7 grams fat, 5 grams carbs, 1 gram fiber
Dressing: 2 T fresh lemon juice, 2 T EVOO, 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard & 1/8 tsp kosher salt
Mix together and set aside.
Chicken: 1# chicken tenders (I use breasts sliced into strips), 2 Tbls poultry seasoning, 1 Tbls dried tarragon, crumbled and 1 Tbls dried garlic.
Salad: 8 oz mixed baby greens (8 cups)
Mix the spices together and rub onto the chicken to coat.
Heat nonstick skillet to medium high heat & spray w/cooking spray. Add chicken and lower heat. Saute in med heat until brown Turn and brown about 5 min per side.
Toss salad greens with dressing.
Each serving is 2 cups dressed salad topped with 3-4 tenders on top.

Last edited by jlwheart; 03-07-2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: clarify directions in recipe