View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by SusieQuilter View Post
I have the wash cloth kind too. I believe it's good for 30 washes. I use a lot of strongly colored fabrics so I've used mine over and over - its currently a nasty greyish brown. But still seems to be working just fine.
I have the same one, I think. It has a little "keep track of" area on the box with circles that you color in and when you get to the last one, you throw it out. I have 12 circles colored in now (with grandkids crayons) and it is an ugly grey, but it is still working. (18 quilts to go)!!!! It gets a little darker with each use. Have no complaints whatsoever. To be honest, it is the only one I have ever had and thank God, I have never had a color run, but I wanted to be totally on the safe side!! I feel too much work goes into a quilt to have a red or black run into a quilt. So I opt for the easiest solution. And I never throw it in the dryer. That's what the instructions say. Hang it up on a line in the basement or wherever and let it line dry! I hate to think of what that little bugger would do in a dryer. I got mine at the grocery store!!!!!! Not expensive at all considering how many quilts you save in the process! Edie