View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 05:38 PM
NJ Quilter

I would recommend Craigslist as well. I just saw 3 computerized Pfaff's not too far from me for between $500-$1000. I realize that is more than you want to spend but just a 'for instance'. I have a Viking Platinum. Love it but it was about $1200 new. You may be correct that Viking might not have a new machine in your price range but you won't know unless you ask. A word of advice about needle threaders...not sure how they work on other, higher end machines than mine, but I don't even bother using it on my machine. Never have been able to get the hang of it. I just use a typical needle threader that I bent the wires on. Works like a charm. Be sure to test that function when you are looking at machines if it is important to you. You might have to wheel & deal a bit to get all the feet you've mentioned in any package as well. If you can get the machine at the price you want, don't throw away the deal because the feet aren't included. There are many online sources at probably lower prices than any local dealer will sell them for. My Viking also has a setting for the 1/4 in. seam so a separate foot for that was not a requirement for me.

It might well be worth the drive for you to test out machines, if nothing else. I've yet to need my machine to be serviced/repaired so you might not have to make that trip too frequently and might be worth it if you can get the machine you want there. See what they might show online and make some phone calls first.

Good luck with your search.