View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 04:19 AM
Kazahleenah

Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo View Post
I use to raise these when I had sheep, they are great dogs and look like lil polar cubs when they are pups.
I used to have dairy goats... that's what origionally got me into Pyrs. I don't have goats right now, but still adore those Pyrs.

Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
Beautiful dog.. Think I would dread all the shedding, but you must be used to it.. I've been there where I waited a year, and got Socrates.. I've loved every minute since he was eight weeks old.. He just turned seven..
If you have a chance.. Start taking pictures once a week, and watch him grow.. Try weighing him once a week.. It's amazing how fast the weight goes up.. I had to do it because Socks was the runt of the litter, and the rest were double the size of him.. He made it to 17 lbs (thanks to my dad), and I'm happy to say he's steady at 15 lbs of muscle..
Enjoy
Barri
I try to get a pic weekly, (My camera is on the fritz). I do know he gained 10 pounds last week. He is now 11 weeks old and weighs 40#.

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
What worked for me was to get another dog when I had the previous one put down. Usually found one the same day. Having a puppy, house training and seeing all the cuteness and energy sure took my mind off my loss for a while. It hurts to lose pets but, look at all the good times you miss.
That puppy is adorable, I had all toy size dogs except for a large dog we rescued from neglect.
There was no way I could have gotten another puppy when I lost Que`bie... actually, it took a long time before I could even talk about him, hear his name, or see a Pyr without bawling.

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
Oh so soft and cuddly. I miss my dogs but don't think I will have another. It hurts to much to say goodbye and my DIL is alergic and I had Silkie Terriers...not supposed to bother alergies but they made her sneeze, wheeze and have red eyes. Peach doesn't bother her so the cat will have to fill the void. He does!
Yes, it hurts to loose them, but they enrich my life so much and help make me a better person.... it's worth it in my eyes.