Thread: Business Idea
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 AM
DonnaFreak

There is a lady near here who advertises fabric on etsy.com, and about once a month she'll hold a garage sale. Fabrics that aren't selling well will go for $2.00/yd. and she sells a lot of remnants at very affordable prices. She has fabric completely lining one side of her garage and about half of the back of it, with 2 tables for remnants and a cutting table. Just thought I'd give you another option in case your city ordinances won't allow you to sell out of a truck. :c)

Donna

Originally Posted by lasews View Post
I've been kicking around an idea for about a year now, and decided it was time to discuss it with other quilters. I live in rural Illinois, and like many of you, have limited local shops for purchasing fabric. The ones that are available are often 30+ minutes away. Not a big deal except that I work full time so it's not always convenient to go running around after fabric.

I've been thinking of starting a Fabric Truck where I would take the fabric to small towns around me. I could sit on the town square or in large parking lots, and open my truck up as a storefront. I would also be available to travel to quilt guild meetings if anyone was interested in that.

What do you all think? Only honest opinions please. It would be mainly Saturdays or by appointment.

Thanks for your input.