Old 03-14-2012, 06:12 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Loved everyone's blocks and the fuzzy cutting you all did. Very good. I took the easy way this time doing last week's and this week's in two days. And then the Confound Rose had the last work 'cause I choose the uncropped photo by err when I posted it! So you get a better look at the slashing material. I did use confederate colors with just a touch of Yankee blue. Caw's paw colors were chosen because of the pony's name, Dainty. JanRN, wonder what you will substitute for that confound Rose block....surprise us all with some beautify block of bold colors.

First job South of the Mason-Dixson line and first teenager babysitter we had referred to the child's navel button as "where the Yankee's had shot him!"....we knew it was truly Southern living there. Always said we were from the South there, but it was really Southern Iowa. And the Handy Man in Texas who seen me struggling to install a pencil sharpner on top of a hard oak desk, came to my rescue. "IF I had my dh handy Yankee drill, I could have done that", I said. He looked me in the eye, and said, "We do NOT need a Yankee anything!!" and quickly installed the pencil sharpener on the desk and left. I love the South, East, West and North...and their folks.