Thread: Business Idea
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Fabriclovr

Not to burst your bubble, but.. I sold on the internet for a while, stopped because the profit margin stunk. The cost of the fabric and shipping made the profit margin really slim. Your initial start up costs could cost you upwards to 30,000+. If you convert an old school bus, you have the cost of the bus, the interior to refit.. and possibly a CDL (commercial drivers license) to operate that size vehicle... more money. Business license and permits for where ever you set up shop, gas, lodging and food... nope, not gonna be covered and with the price of fabric on the rise making the profit margin reeallll slim.. Sorry to hit the pocket book like that, but I had no over head other than my lights in my house.. still way to slim of a profit margin for me to even pay myself!

Also the fabric wholesalers want you to purchase a min of 100 bolts fabric to start and that's not very many bolts... getting a wholesale account takes lots of credit references that are in the fabric business... its not as easy as getting fabric, putting it into a truck and selling it at a flea market. If it was, everyone would be doing it!

Last edited by Fabriclovr; 03-17-2012 at 12:16 AM.