Old 03-18-2012, 04:24 AM
PJisChaos

Originally Posted by lillybeck View Post
I know that the quilt police will say only use cotton but, I have used what I have all my life and it works for me. I just had to piece a back together and used a piece of polycotton in it, When my grandma taught me to quilt we used whatever we had and mixed it all the time. Some of those quilts are still around.
I love this, lillybeck!! I, too, use whatever I want and have on hand in my quilts. The recipients don't care if it's 100% quilt-grade cotton or not so why should I? I have quilts my grandmother has made over her lifetime, and most of the material in those are poly/cotton and still look beautiful even with minor wear and tears.

To AshleyR:
Scrap quilts are really becomming the latest trend, in my opinion, based off what I see on the boards daily. If ya have a decent selection of lights/darks, why not a log cabin or basic 4/9 patches? I love looking at close-ups of scrap quilts, it is so amazing what all fabrics ya can find in one! But once all together, ya don't notice the Christmas trees next to skulls/crossbones or whatever else may be in one. Give it a go and good luck!